Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Hajime

I decided it was time to start organizing my blog posts into relevant blogs. One for useless rambling, one for literary stuff, and this one. This blog will be a place for me to voice thoughts and musings about what I learn in the course of training, both in the dojo and out. Some old posts from a past blog will be included, since they're relevant and I don't want to lose them.

The blog is titled "onegaishimasu" because I want this to be a relationship that's good for both parties. Ideally, that would be you, my readers, and me. I highly encourage anyone reading to comment with their thoughts and insights. I learn a lot from writing things out, but I learn even more from hearing other people chime in. If no one is reading, then the relationship is between me and the blog, or me and the internet, I guess. I'll tend to the blog, and the blog will help me.

My other reason for the name is that I wanted to express my overall desire to learn. We say "onegaishimasu" every time we bow in and (in theory) when we choose a partner to train with. We are preparing to work with one another for our mutual benefit. There's a strong sense of humility in that cooperation. These are some of my efforts to synthesize the information I've gotten from others and my own thoughts and observations. Again, I encourage you to comment whenever you have something to say.

Well, I suppose that's sufficient for the introductory post. Onegaishimasu!!

No comments:

Post a Comment