Friday, March 30, 2012

shodan testing, pt. 1

--originally posted Monday, December 5, 2011--

Tonight is the first section of my test for shodan. I'm not concerned about the techniques at all, really, though I might need to brush up on a couple of them. I'm hoping my test will be spaced out over 3 classes instead of 2 (no way it can fit in just one 2-hour class). That gives me time to breathe and refocus and prepare for the next bit. Bah, I can feel my nerves all the way to my fingertips just thinking about it! Haha. I have no doubt that I'll make shodan (if anyone has any doubts about my chances, they've made no such comments or indications to me), but I'm still nervous. Just because I don't know what to expect. One of my friends at the Huntsville dojo gave me some great advice: just zone out and let your body do what it needs to do to keep you safe. Exactly what I needed to hear, because I always default toward overthinking rather than simply doing. And I know that when I stop thinking and stop trying to make something happen, things fall into place much more easily. I just have to get out of my own way, haha. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment